Many Cultures. One Sydney.
"A dynamic and colourful mix of music, dance, parade, theatre, food, and film"
Since 2010, the Parramasala Festival has grown into a signature event celebrating the diverse and rich cultures of greater Sydney and New South Wales.
Experience and share...
- Visit the program page to see what's on
- Follow us for updates on
Did you know...
- The 3-day Parramasala festival attracts 35,000 people.
- 70% of festival performers and visitors were born outside Australia
- The festival represents a kaleidoscope of more than 30 nationalities and cultures
- Parramasala is a signature event on Multicultural NSW’s Multicultural March events calendar
- See the festival in full colour in Parramatta’s Prince Alfred Square, Riverside Theatres and throughout the Parramatta CBD.
Free and ticketed activities...
- With a focus on what we have in common, not what sets us apart, Parramasala offers paid and free of charge entertainment
- Experience the diverse markets, music, dance, theatre and film that make up greater Sydney and New South Wales.
Welcome home. There's no place like it...
- Western Sydney is home to Australia’s most culturally diverse population
- Known for uniting many cultures into one Sydney, there's no better location for the Parramasala Festival than Parramatta
Parramasala 2018 Board Members
Dr GK Harinath OAM (Chairman)
Mr Sameer Pandey
Mr Martin Zaiter
Mr Hakan Harman
Mr Sunil Lal
Mr Huss Mustafa OAM
Ms Rebecca Grasso
Parramasala Limited is a company limited by guarantee jointly owned by Multicultural NSW and the City of Parramatta Council.